My friend Jan, at Jan’s Sushi Bar, tagged me in this Meme. After you read this, go on over there and check her out. She always cracks me up, y’all. In addition to a lot of funny observations and stories, she has a lot of yummy looking recipes.
Eight things I’m looking forward to, in no particular order:
1. Finishing my blog saga about what a pain in the ass neck it was to try and catch a damn dern cruise.
2. Summer. Which means going to the beach again. And eating hot dogs on the pier. And wearing shorts.
3.Vacation. I’m in the pre-planning mode right now. I’m not sure where we’re going this year, but it will be somewhere fun. The best part is the planning, which is what I get to do after I decide where we’re going.
4. Holding my first grand baby. Next month, y’all!
5. Getting another room added onto my house. Then maybe we will have enough room to invite the whole family over for dinner.
6. Buying new furniture. I’m going to absolutely need a bigger dining room table and more chairs for my new room.
7. Losing some more golf balls. My ultimate goal is to beat my Dad at golf. I’ve taken a lesson and I’m practicing really hard. In twelve more days I’ll have a shot at it!
8. Planting flowers in our flower beds. This year, I hope to include a few veggies.
Eight things I did yesterday:
1. Brought down a Draw, cleaned it, threaded it, and started it up again all by myself! (For those of you who are not employed at Corning – it’s a complicated new job I’m being forced trained to do.)
2. Had a Bloody Mary for breakfast. (After working all night, so in reality it was a cocktail after work.)
3. Took some close up photos of a family of geese.
4. Slept. All day. (See number 2.)
5. Practiced my golf swing while I was having my morning coffee at 5 pm. (See number 2.)
6. Hit golf balls in the neighborhood field. Watched Hannah run around and try to get all of them in her mouth.
7. Posted TWO blog posts. Wow. It usually takes me several days to just get ONE ready. (Update: It is already the next day and I’m not done with this. See?)
8. Did some research on resort hotels in Myrtle Beach. ( Part of vacation pre-planning. And I didn’t have any idea that there is a huge fire down there right now!)
Eight things I wish I could do:
1. Go on another Cruise. With much less drama than the first one!
2. Go to Hawaii. And stay there until I got tired of it.
3. Become so good at golf that I could quit my job and go on the senior tour. (Snort! Yeah, right after I break a hundred!)
4. Go back to the body I had when I was 20, but keeping the life wisdom I’ve acquired in the past 31 years.)
5. Buy a neat little house in the country for my son and his girlfriend who are having my first grandbaby next month. And a decent car for them to drive.
6. Kidnap my brother and force him to go to a doctor.
7. Retire with plenty of money so I could clean, rearrange and redecorate to my heart’s content, take a painting class, play golf all over the world, and cook dinner for my entire family once a week. (Yeah. Maybe I’d hire a chef, too.)
8. It occurs to me that winning the lottery would take care of most of this, so that’s number eight.
Eight shows I watch:
I’m not even sure I can come up with eight. We watch the same ones over and over, and we have all those Netflex rentals to keep on top of. But I’ll give it a whirl.
2. Two And a Half Men
3. American Idol
4. Dancing With The Stars
5. The Dog Whisperer
6. Extreme Home Makeover
7. The Big Break (It’s a golf show. Yawn.)
8. Design On A Dime
Eight people I tag for this meme: